[pct-l] SOBO Questions

T.Rem toddremy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 21:47:20 CST 2013

Hey Shon!
Thanks for the advice- much appreciated.   I loved your story of the
Chickamin traverse armed only with tent stakes.  I totally did the same
thing on my NOBO hike!!  I'd have to look at a map to remember where I was but
it was the same deal- a tent stake in each hand and scared shit-less.
 Hard-packed snow on a steep slope, solo, tennis-shoes, and nothing but
sharp rocks to catch my fall.  Fortunately I didn't have to use the stakes
for a self-arrest but it was risky and more then a little stupid.  Ahh, the
things we do.  Good times.

i mountainsides still with lots of snow on them.  However, it was more of a
challange.  It wasn't overly difficult, except for two times: