[pct-l] Alcohol fuels toxic?

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 17:06:46 CST 2013

Your damn right they are, if there is any methanol or other toxic
ingredients in it.

There have been a couple of mentions that I think might have intended
to say that the fumes from burning methanol are toxic. Well, that is
true, in that too much of anything will kill you, but I have done some
poking around, and cannot find anything that says the result of
burning methanol or denatured alcohol is *particularly* toxic. No more
than any other source of carbon dioxide would be.

http://bit.ly/12X0idW

As with any combustion, burning, etc., do so in a well ventilated area
and try to avoid direct inhalation of the fumes and I'm pretty sure
that you'll be just fine.

Dan Jacobs
Washougal
--