[pct-l] question re-fuel for Caldera Cone System Stove

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Sun Feb 17 16:46:10 CST 2013

Hi Gideon

Jdm was pretty thorough, I'll just add that I don't recall ever having
difficulty acquiring denatured alcohol anywhere through California.  It's
the fuel of choice for most PCT hikers, so wherever hikers tend to resupply,
it's typically there.  Even in the rare event where you might have to buy an
entire container from a hardware store, or the yellow HEET from a
gas-station, it's cheap.

I don't recall ever not being able to find some, but the fantastic thing
(one of several fantastic things) about the Caldera system is its ability to
double as a very efficient little wood stove.

I added the inner cone for a double-wall system to my order, which I
recommend; further increases efficiency resulting in less alcohol needed to
achieve boil.

-Potential178