[pct-l] Bear Can - one for each person?

Tracy Fisher tfisher9 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 14 02:21:57 CST 2013

Thanks everyone for your input in an answering my question. I was hoping one would be enough.

But it sounds like from all of the comments that though possible to squeeze food for two into one BV500 bear can for the longer stretches of the trail it would require careful planning (and possibly some fishing!) as to the types of food that went into it (as well as toiletries), and that more typically couples carry one can each in areas like the Sierras where it's required and the number of days between resupply towns are greater.

Well, at least we won't be fighting over a place to sit!