[pct-l] Any comments on the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 1?

Lindsey Sommer lgsommer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 15:20:22 CST 2013

This might be semi off-topic for this thread, but I think others might also
find it informative and related to some of the above suggestions... I've
noticed that the LightHeart, Zpack, Tarptents etc all use significant
guyline tension systems.

Part of the reason why I ended up going with the BA Fly Creek was because
it's semi-freestanding (I say semi in that you really need to pull out
certain parts for it to work).

I spend a lot of time camping the Trinity Alps (camping on granite) as well
as some parks with significant volcanic areas where it's not always easy to
get several stakes into the ground around a tent. For people who use
the above-mentioned tents, how do you deal with that? I know that you can
use heavy rocks etc to tie the lines around, but if you're system requires
5+ stakes, is this a huge pain?

Thanks! I've always been pretty curious about.

I'm living in Yosemite for 11 weeks this summer and have been seriously
considering changing to a LightHeart solo, and this thread has me
thinking...

Cheers,
Lindsey