[pct-l] The dangers of 'Cameling Up'

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Tue Feb 12 22:59:18 CST 2013

Good evening, Chris,

Weight, plus the speed and grade, are what drive the Calorie calculation,
so I suggest that when you step on the treadmill first thing in the morning
that you enter your weight at 385 pounds.

One young woman at our gym always bragged when she entered a weight that
was too low by about 30 pounds, then she complained that she didn't burn as
many Calories as her friends.  I told her to enter her weight as 250 pounds
and she would "burn" more than the others.  She couldn't do it.  Even
though no-one would ever see the entry, she just couldn't make herself type
in her correct weight, let alone something ridiculously high.

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/