[pct-l] Any comments on the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 1?

John Poppe jbpoppe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 12:48:09 CST 2013

Gotta agree with Yogi on all counts. I used the Copper Spur 1 for my 2012 PCT thru hike almost every night. I stayed dry during storms and most importantly bug free as I slept. The side door does make a huge comfort difference getting in and out. Stable in the wind, easy to move if you find a better position or spot  Goes up and down easily. My shock cord failed about a week before Tahoe. The tent still worked it just took some care in assembly. I was able to get materials from the local outfitter in SLT and make repairs myself.  Easy to do. I think the reason for the failure is during Yosemite I carried the tent horizontally low on my outside pack because my bear canister took all the room inside.  In retrospect the shock cord became abraded from contact with granite during that section. After that I carried the poles vertically in my pack side pocket and the tent in the pack.  I feel I would have not had any problems with the shock cord if I carried it better in the first place. Look up on the web on shock cord repair so you are prepared should yours fail.

Grey Wolf
425-614-8702