[pct-l] Hiker 'Amtrak' has passed away (PCT class of 2007)

carl myhill carl at litsl.com
Sun Feb 10 18:37:34 CST 2013

I am deeply saddened to say that we have lost a friend. I heard recently
from Amtrak's sister Mary Ellen
Alexander<http://www.facebook.com/mary.e.alexander.7?group_id=0>
 that Amtrak passed away peacefully just over a week ago.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/naplesnews/obituary.aspx?n=richard-alexande
r&pid=162789832#fbLoggedOut

Amtrak hiked most of the PCT in 2007 but was injured near the end. He had
also done the AT and some of the CDT I think.

I'm not sure who else hiked with him but if you did, I know his sister and
mother would love to hear hiker stories or see you photographs - her email
address is in the obituary above.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carlmyhill/953707425/

If anyone knows a good way to post a similar message on an AT or CDT forum
please do.

They will be scattering Amtrak's ashes on the AT in June so perhaps I will
see some of you there.

I miss you Amtrak.

Litsl.