[pct-l] Ultra ever dry

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 11:53:12 CST 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Eric Lee <saintgimp at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Lots of waterproofing treatments look good on the first use.  Most of them
> look significantly less good after a bit of time and wear.  I'd be curious
> to see what the "half life" of this treatment turns out to be.
>
> Eric

Half life totally depends on what happens during and after treatment.
I've got some DWR treated fabrics that still shed water like duck
feathers, but they haven't seen much action. Different folks will have
different results with anything.

Clearly, the price is too much for most at this time. As the price
comes down and research and improvements occur, this may be the next
much better DWR. It seemed to fit into what folks are interested in.
It would be nice to have a tent that could be shaken dry of water,
frost, or even ice and packed away nearly dry as a bone (which I know
aren't normally dry, unless they've been thoroughly dried beforehand,
which is a weird use of language, eh? ;-).

Dan Jacobs
Washougal
--
"Loud motorcycle stereos save lives."