[pct-l] Yoshihiro's Dinners

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 20:33:32 CST 2013

Dear lorna

Yellow block is a very classical FREEZE-DRIED TOFU, named Koyadofu.
http://www.mitoku.com/products/driedtofu/index.html
Koyadofu is very cheap and popular in Japan. Its taste is different
from real Tofu, but works well as a protein source . You can find this
in a Japanese market.

dicentra <dicentragirl at yahoo.com> found this here
http://www.edenfoods.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=109995

White block is a modern FREEZE-DRIED TOFU.
Japanese Link:  http://bit.ly/vbwMxN
This is made by the modern freeze dry technique. Then this taste is
the same as real Tofu. But, you may be difficult to obtain this in
USA.

Greens are dry vegetables, commercially available in Japan:
sorry. It is a Japanese link:
http://www.kira-shokuhin.co.jp/product/

I like Japanese radish, Chinese mustard, Spinach, Japanese mustard
spinach, and frieze dry cabbage.

I am sorry I have to confess that I had picked up twice wild onion at
JMT, and put it into frieze dry onion soup.
https://picasaweb.google.com/104620544810418955412/TuolumneToVVRTheTrainingSections#5648803330485455730

My wife became altitude sickness ( AMS ) at Palisade Lake in 2011. So
we we had done an escape rout to Bishop. Accidentally, we love Bishop
very much. We analyzed our failure. Two factors are important: food
and pack weight.

At first, our foods are

breakfast
JMT bread, dry mango coffee:
https://sites.google.com/site/completewalker/equipments/bread

lunch
JMT bread, cocoa, ProBar

dinner
instant whole rice, dry vegetable, beef jerky or packed smoked
chicken, freeze dry potato and mayonnaise and packed tuna, freeze dry
soup and Koyadofu.

dessert
muesli and powdered milk.

This was 20 days foods, sent to Bishop. beef jerky, several blocks of
bread and ProBar were not included.

https://71a35724-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/completewalker/equipments/foods/20days_food.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7coHoEw7ymwVsc3abGK2MyqHB7n3VNKbfSkK1rx4-6pk9HmV5Vl_LXSZpAvzzVG0g_ieShHsSILNHkvhy4RsfYPdN3PdchH3K2XTs4JTNvw7AHCk6gAgvCCEI01kN7Bjh9nGrHi7bUFZPcGLrVR0j1GHjdazlhjx3Wqb4ic7wePrVTtxlxSC6Tc1NSNPVs3bsWvp84sSPcMD-fqr7Lc9R6cgiuuwROBxd7Vc6DOq2jm9uKk6ap-vm15wqnmV7dYymjTVIeEs&attredirects=0

My wife is weak and cannot walk fast, so I estimated 10 days needed
from Bishop to Lone Pine.

The food weight may be around 20 kg. My base pack weight is around
15kg( 30 pounds). So I became 80 pounds heavy trucker. My wife's total
pack weight remain less than 8 kg. Later half from Bishop, I carried
her mattress, so her total pack weight may be 7 kg.

Fortunately,  my bones are strong. I could hike 10 hours with heavy
load without fatigue. My wife enjoyed JMT very much.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104620544810418955412/FromSouthLkToLonePine

My position (power balance in family ) became better after that hike.

Thanks for your interest.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami  村上宣寛 )