[pct-l] Food in tents

Meridith Rosendahl meridith.rosendahl at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 10:38:35 CST 2013

That's funny, Piper.  Back more than 20 years ago a girlfriend and I had
horse packed up to Nelson Lake in the Sierras above Courtright Reservoir in
late August or early September.  Being very inexperienced at camping in the
Sierra wilderness our food and cooking gear was spread out on a rock we
used as a kitchen table.  In our tent one night, the moon shining bright
and the door open to the warm breezes we heard some very loud noises right
outside the tent.  When we gathered enough courage to look, it was a
grazing cow!  At 8500 feet.  The only critters that scared the beejesus out
of us were some stupid humans on the other side of the lake who were
randomly firing guns.  Now that's scary.

Piper's Mom

Message: 25