[pct-l] Food in tents

Pamela McCullough Pamelarun at aol.com
Thu Feb 7 16:38:28 CST 2013

Hello Chris, okay, you are  bringing out the honesty in us hikers.  I am a woman and just solo hiked the AT, of course on the AT you are often not alone at night.  But I am a bit of a scaredy cat and I am afraid of heights.  So the hand over hand stuff in NH and southern Maine, especially with lots of wet rocks thrown in, was really really scary to me.  But I did it.  I also saw lots of bears, yep, one even popped up right next to me from under some brush, but though it freaked me out, I am okay.  I even had a bear false charge me when I was alone, probably my fault because I stopped and took my camera out (I had gotten so used to bears not bothering me), but thank heavens it finally stopped and turned around and ran away.  It is amazing what we can do when out in the woods.  Anyway, just a little truth from someone who will be out there on the pct this year too.  Best, Pamela
Sent from my iPad