[pct-l] Food in tents

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Thu Feb 7 16:19:44 CST 2013

Good afternoon, Chris,

There will be some apprehension in the first dozen nights while you wait
for the, “…ghostlies and ghoulies and long-legged beasties and things that
go ‘bump’ in the night” to sneak up and get you, but one thing to remember
is on a still, dark night a mouse sounds like a deer, and a deer sounds
like a whole band of elk.

By the time you get well up the trail into bear ‘can territory, you’ll be
so acclimated to night sounds, and so tired after booking 20-mile days,
that you’ll whip with a stick anything that gets between you and the
sleeping bag.  “Down the road, dumb-ass bear.  You’re not in this program.”

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/