[pct-l] To carry or not to carry

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Feb 6 16:20:31 CST 2013

Good evening,

I’m with Yogi:  I haven’t booked as many miles as she, but I’ve been hiking
the mountain west since ’58 -- and the Pct since ’65 -- and except for when
in the SIBBG area I always sleep with my food; usually under the stars.  So
far I haven’t lost a morsel, and have only had to chase mice twice that I
can remember.

Instead of a gun or a can of bear spray maybe I better carry a cat.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/