[pct-l] Postholer or Trailjournals?

belcherjd at juno.com belcherjd at juno.com
Wed Feb 6 14:03:03 CST 2013

I agree with Scott.

Years and years ago I determined that trying to read Postholer journals only made me irritated so stop trying but read only from Trailjournals.

I am now putting my own journal on Trailjournals because I think my readers will enjoy it more then Postholer.

I again tried reading Postholer this year and once again quit trying for the same reason. It seems to me like stepping back almost to the age of DOS.
But that's just me ... try it you may like it.

'til later,
Gandalf

------------------------------

>Message: 36
>Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 08:13:36 -0700
>From: Scott Bryce <sbryce at scottbryce.com>
>Subject: Re: Postholer or Trailjournals?

>On 2/5/2013 6:28 PM, Rebecca Roberts wrote:

> what are some of the pros and cons of the Postholer and Trailjournals
> websites? Was there a specific reason you chose one over the other
> for your trail journal? Thanks!

>I haven't used Postholer's site to make a journal, but here is my
observation based on looking over other hikers' shoulders while they
updated their journals.

>Trailjournals is easier for your visitors to read and navigate.
Postholer is easier for the hiker to maintain.

>As a reader, I try to avoid Postholer, because it is just too difficult
to find my way around, but Postholer's back end is much better than
Trailjournals.