[pct-l] Postholer or Trailjournals?

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Wed Feb 6 09:13:36 CST 2013

On 2/5/2013 6:28 PM, Rebecca Roberts wrote:
> I'm new to the list here and I plan to hike the Washington section
> starting at the end of June or maybe after July 4th, depending on the
> snow levels. I'd like to create a trail journal and was wondering
> what are some of the pros and cons of the Postholer and Trailjournals
> websites? Was there a specific reason you chose one over the other
> for your trail journal? Thanks!

I haven't used Postholer's site to make a journal, but here is my
observation based on looking over other hikers' shoulders while they
updated their journals.

Trailjournals is easier for your visitors to read and navigate.
Postholer is easier for the hiker to maintain.

As a reader, I try to avoid Postholer, because it is just too difficult
to find my way around, but Postholer's back end is much better than
Trailjournals.