[pct-l] bear bag?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Feb 5 08:07:34 CST 2013

I stored my food in a white trash compactor bag. Being white it's
easier to see what's inside. It's large and durable. I still use the
same bag after all the miles. I kept my food in my tent so I could
eat as I pleased. I used a bear canister where required. No problems
at all. I saw 9 bears on the whole trail, plus 2 or 3 on my hike from
Santa Barbara to the PCT. They all were terrified of me, except the
one in Tuolumne Meadows car camp. I also have tooth marks on my bear
canister from the Shady Rest car campground in Mammoth Lakes.