[pct-l] Safety on the trail

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 22:18:16 CST 2013

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 8:09 PM, CHUCK CHELIN <steeleye at wildblue.net> wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> Diogenes, fetch your lantern!  Finally here’s an honest person willing to
> admit they are afraid of the dark.
>
> Simply amazing…
>
> Steel-Eye

The only time I've ever broken a toe was in the dark. Does that count
for fear of the dark?

Anyone well over 6 feet tall is scared of the dark too, but for
different reasons: we bump our heads on stuff that hurts.

I like dark as well as light. There are things that happen at night
that just don't happen during the day. In many places, there is as
much movement at night as in the daytime, and exploring nature and
life around me is continually fascinating. sometimes it is hard to
sleep with so much to observe.

Dan Jacobs
Washougal
--