[pct-l] bear bag?

julie windsor windsor.jj at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 19:31:01 CST 2013

On our 2010 AT Sobo, Silver and I carried Ursaks.  The extra 5 oz was well
worth the convenience of not having to hang a bear bag.  And our food
didn't get attacked in the shelters by the mice.  But we're thinking of
changing it up for our PCT trip.  I know that we have to use the infamous
bear cannisters in some sections.  What are folks doing the rest of the
time?  Seems like an awful lot of people sleep with their food?  Also, are
there usually trees to hang your bag?

Thanks for your advice--saw another posting that mentioned that this was
one area that Yogi didn't discuss much in her guide and I'm a Southern gal
who has never hiked out West.

--
*- TurtleHawk*