[pct-l] hikefor.com - hiking for a cause

Paul Mitchell paul at bluebrain.ca
Sat Feb 2 02:06:15 CST 2013

> You can note me as one that will try to raise funds for a good cause
during my hike as well.

That's awesome, thanks Leslie!

> I guess we all find different ways to motivate our hikes and the disease
that is stealing my son's eyesight is part of my motivation and my hike.  It
certainly is motivating my training!  8)

One of the things I've been trying to figure out is whether it's practical
to allow hikers to hike for any cause, or whether we'd need to just offer
one, or a few.  I'd appreciate your input.  If you had your choice, what
charity would you want to hike for?

Incidentally, I'm legally blind as well, though my vision is stable where it
is at 200/20.  There certainly have been amazing medical research
breakthroughs in the past decade!  Hopefully if your son does lose all his
vision it won't be for long.  Is it RP?

Cheers,
- Potential178