[pct-l] Foot Expansion

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Feb 1 09:23:16 CST 2013

Steel-Eye is right about everything he said about shoes. Have you
ever read a single trail journal or book about hiking the PCT or AT
where the author doesn't get horrible blisters and has to take a
knife to their boots or throw them over a cliff? Okay, so there are a
few who don't, but take Steel-Eye's advice. You can always buy
smaller shoes if they are too big.

I can wear as small as a mens size 6.5 but since you can't ever find
that size I tend to wear an 8 or 9 in models that are extra wide.
8EEEE running shoes are nice, my 7D NB Minimus fit well. My Keens are
size 8D and feel loose until I get going and then feel fine.

---
Thanks for all the shameless promotion. You can buy my books at Lulu
Press. Please buy lots. I'm raising money for the Human Fund so I can
go hiking and live off telling my stories. This here Internet gig
doesn't pay too well.