[pct-l] Possible PCT Mountain Fire Bypass for 204

Stephen Clark rowriver at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 01:15:35 CST 2013

Nice work Jim...  I'm sure this took more than just a 'little' bit of
time.

Since some of the path is 'cow trails' I can foresee more than one hiker
getting lost without signage... after all we've had at least one get lost
between the border and Lake Morena in the last year or two.

A good deal of the closed portion of the trail between Cedar Spring and
Saddle Junction is all but obliterated and will probably take several years
to rebuild.

Hopefully the PCTA and the Forest Service will provide an official
alternative by the time Kickoff occurs.  If not, and if no one puts signage
out for your option(s), it's an easy hitch to Idyllwild.

When I did this section and needed to get back to my car at the Hwy 74
trail crossing, I got picked up (using my Kickoff Bandana) by the first car
that came by.

Quackers