[pct-l] Gatewood cape/ wild oasis

Stuart stuart at dodson22.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Dec 11 14:27:32 CST 2013

My Gatewood Cape was second hand. I had sewn in bug netting around the hem
making it a Wild Oasis. I am 5ft 7 so there is bags if room and it is now my
Go to shelter instead of my Henry Shires Moment which I use in the winter
time. I gave up on the poncho use as I would always have rain jacket. I
added more tie outs around the hem at ground level quite a few, slight
weight addition but it means I can get a taut pitch and be secure in high
winds/stops flapping in the high winds I have experienced here in the UK. I
like the  set up much better than a regular tarp. I would certainly use on
the JMT which I have done with a HS Contrail.