[pct-l] PCTA statement about "Forest Service upholds PCT"

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 18:59:59 CST 2013

A perpetuated mistake. He is a 57 year old staff ( sorry, Mango) attorney for the 6 th Circuit Court of Appeal in San Jose. Or at least he was. He initially passed the Oregon Bar although he attended law school in Berkeley after obtaining his undergraduate degree back East. I have found no reference, other than the MTB references that he is, was or will be an attorney for the Supreme Court. I always researched my opposition when I was in active litigation.

There is no doubt that he is bright. But. No evidence of private practice or trial work that I could ascertain. Also, dealing with the law in the context of the Court and as a litigant are two different things; especially in a Federal Court. The Ninth Circuit would probably be less than welcoming to the MTB argument, at least in my opinion.

The proof is in the pudding, as they used to say. The ruling was bullet proof; hence the abandonment of the cause by legal means. Although, the employment would probably preclude Stroll from taking an active and public role.

Basically, again in my opinion, referring to him as a Supreme Court lawyer is nothing but puffery and bravado as well as a potential attempt at intimidation by the MTB folks.

Sent from my iPad