[pct-l] PCTA statement about "Forest Service upholds PCT

Hootie Martin hootie2006 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 17:03:06 CST 2013

Thanks for sharing this Brick.

This is all well and good, but frankly this is simply a re-affirming of the
original legal statement and the situation will not change until the Forest
Service and other legal entities address the subject of enforcement.  Any
of us that have spent a good deal of time on the PCT know full well that
enforcement will be a serious issue.  During my thru-hike and the numerous
other section hikes I have made on the PCT I have rarely seen Forest
Service personnel or other points of authority and this is, in my opinion,
the only reasonable manner of enforcement.

Regardless of this decision and statement from PCTA, I really doubt we have
accomplished anything at this point, other than having the law on our side,
which we have had from day 1.  Until there is a means of enforcement, there
will continue to be poaching of the PCT.

Elevator

Message: 13