[pct-l] PCT Photography Book on Sale

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 15:22:23 CST 2013

This is one of the most beautiful recent "coffee table" books of the PCT.
It captures the feel of the trail from the cactus bloom, the Joshua trees
and the haze of vistas across the SoCal deserts, to the icy fastness of the
Sierra's Ritter Range and finally the green, mist blanketed forests, the
snowy peaks and autumn yellowed larches of the Northern Cascades.  The
views are from trail, or very close by, so there's a familiarity to each of
the shots.  The whorls of dried, ice spiraled stumps and lone snags on the
horizon, the flowers of spring we followed for so many thousand miles, all
seem like old friends.  I leave it out as a quick reference for anyone
asking questions about just why we hike such crazy long trails.  A few
pages always tells the story more eloquently than I can in words.

I'm sure it was a labor of love for Chris and Anna.  I glance through its
pages every now and then in this cold off season and it all comes back.
 Great gift by the way for anyone who's hiked some or part of the trail, or
anyone even a little interested in the PCT, one of the worlds greatest long
trails.

And just a disclaimer, I don't know Chris or Anna, but I sure do like their
work.

Shroomer