[pct-l] Yosemite trail closures

River Malcolm river at orcasonline.com
Tue Aug 27 10:00:23 CDT 2013

I was planning a section hike from Tuolumne north starting Saturday. Watching fire closely. Will probably start at Quincy/Bucks Lake Crossing and head south instead (thanks trail angel Paul for suggestion).

Question -- any wisdom abt trail closures in Yosemite ( see paragraph below from webpage) and whether they are likely to reopen quickly after fire us contained or not?

Meanwhile let's put the collective magic of our hopes and prayers into protecting those big old sequoias.

Thanks
River

. From the Yosemite Rim Fire we page--

Wilderness trail closures: The area west of the May Lake Road and May Lake Trail continuing to the junction with the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) at Glen Aulin and then north along the PCT to Bond Pass is closed. The park's boundary serves as the closure's northern and western edge extending south to Crane Flat Campground. The closure boundary continues east along the Tioga Road (Highway 120 through the park) to the May Lake Road. The Tioga Road and the trails serving as the eastern boundary of the closed area (including the PCT) remain open. May Lake High Sierra Camp, Glen Aulin High Sierra Camp, and Porcupine Flat Campground are open. View a map showing the closure [1.2 MB PDF].

Sent from my iPhone