[pct-l] Williamson attempting to regain unsupported PCT speed record NOW!

shon mcganty smcganty at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 10:00:36 CDT 2013

I have the same sentiment, regarding not using water cashes.  Going NOBO was no problem, but going SOBO in So.Ca was difficult.  Apache Springs was thick mud, I road walked into Lk. Hughes for water, and at Scissors Crossing I had to either hitchhike, knock on doors, or take from the water cache.  I took from the water cache, since all three have some degree of using others for assistance.

by the way, I was looking for a trail journal by the hiker that hiked with Scott on their PCT speed record about 3 yrs ago, does anyone remember his name???  (not Tatoo Joe).