[pct-l] Mosquito Repellant

Heather Darnell mom_and_alex at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 13 19:03:23 CDT 2013

Still in my own early stages of testing, but here in the Carolinas I have been experiencing good results so far with coconut oil as a mosquito repellant! I camped this weekend in North Carolina, and though I packed it, I could not find my vial of coconut oil (hmph, it was buried in my food bag!) On my return I continued experiments I have been running when I work in my garden. Though the bites I got this weekend itch terribly, I haven't received any new ones (this is Tuesday, in Charleston, SC - notoriously "buggy".) One mosquito seems to have followed me from my garden into my car this evening and though it rode with me for about a half hour, it never even landed on me. I'm feeling pretty positive about this!

(In consideration of the end note at the below link, my blood type is A-, I don't drink beer, and I haven't been wearing red. Those facts did not hinder the feeding frenzy on my legs this weekend.)

Has anyone else tried this?

''The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.''
Albert Einstein
1879-1955, German-born American Physicist

Blessings,
Heather Darnell
Message: 12