[pct-l] Anish Sighting from Saturday

Barry Teschlog tokencivilian at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 5 18:33:32 CDT 2013

Saturday around 1:00 or so a couple of us out scouting for an upcoming trail crew trip* near Deception Pass (north of Cathedral Rock) in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness saw Anish as we were taking our lunch break.

She was kind enough to pause and chat with us for 10 minutes or so.  Her goal for the day was Lake Janus, 8 miles north of Stevens Pass (Hwy 2).  At Deception Pass, we were near mile 2463.1 and that goal was 2492.2 - still another 29 ish miles up trail.

Snoqualmie Pass was her last resupply - her goal was to make it to Canada with the load she carried out of there, 6 days worth.  No wonder she's making such time - skipping both Stevens Pass / Baring / Skykomish AND Stehekin resupply points would save many an hour on the way to Canada.

* - Oh, and for those interested, check out PCTA.org and the list of volunteer events to join your local trail crew.  There's plenty out there to do - we found 14 logs down and a fair amount of tread and brushing work that we'll tackle in early September.