[pct-l] On "noobs"

golobos_55@yahoo.com golobos_55 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 21:54:59 CDT 2013

I agree, my first couple questions on this thread were in large party snobby.  There were ofcourse great people with great advice but something those who feel the need to be condescending may want to consider is u have zero idea what the person on the computer has or has not done.  This is not a "pissing" contest but just for example I have hiked and biked the divide, mnt bike toured central America from panama up the pan American to Mexico and did three weeks in copper canyon.  I grew up with a backpack on in the still untouched deserts of Utah so when I'm asking about the PCT and suggestions I am pretty sure hearing that I need more experience or why the hell I chose the stove I chose is not what I'm getting at.  Every trail has its quarks and intricacies that only the old timers know, water holes, great off route camps or scenery and when to prepare for rough parts.  That's all I wanted and I believe that's all this thread was started for.  A little more humility when questions asked go a long way...thanks to those who have honestly answered my questions and given respect.  I have appreciated it.