[pct-l] negativity on the listserv

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Tue Apr 30 14:14:08 CDT 2013

For some reason this year the negativity on the listserv has more voices
than normal.  It happens a lot in winter and early spring, then fades as
hikers hit the trail.  Thereseems so much more of it this year.

The spirit of long distance hiking begins with HYOH.

This spirit isn't supported when people's ego/personal suffering drives
what is said.  Rather than offering a story of personal experience,
letting us interpret and learn, hard opinion and judgment about what
others do or don't do becomes the focus.

I love it when Shroomer tells a story.  I'm right there with him. There
are lots of persons on the listserv who can story and give us their
wisdom.  These are the posts to look for and read.

When opinion and judgment is offered, wisdom is non-existent and it's
time to delete without reading. To those who are a bit taken aback, or
even horrified by what crosses your screen, learn to discern.

You CANlearn from persons here.  You just have to "learn to discern."

HYOH...

Jeffrey Olson
Rapid City, SD