[pct-l] Kick Off and Videos

Benjamin Grunbaum bengrunbaum at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 12:47:34 CDT 2013

I am glad I went to the kickoff.  I had a wonderful time seeing and meeting
some of the many wonderful people out there. I do hope they all have enough
water and are careful with fire.  Fire was all too common in the videos and
pictures shown at Kickoff and it seems like pct hikers start them, albeit
accidentally, frequently.  I was amazed at how many of the people who are
attempting a thru hike and have done so in the past have never backpacked
before.

All the videos were very good.  The Class of 2012 video was outstanding. A
mild depression set in each night after watching those videos knowing I
would not be joining them.  I will be doing the JMT again, luckily, in
June.  I should see many of them.

I enjoyed your video very much too Ed- Mendorider.  What a beautiful horse
you have. Do you live in Mendocino county?  I just moved from Arcata back
down to southern California.  I do miss it up there.

Ben Grunbaum