[pct-l] Attn: JMT Reinhold

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 22 16:01:09 CDT 2013

Terry wrote:

I don't know Reinold personally but, I have read enough of his post to know
he is a good person and in no way trying to insult anyone.

It's certainly possible for a good person to accidentally say something that
they didn't realize would be offensive to someone else.  I've done it; we're
all done it.  I firmly believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt and
assuming that they mean well.  But when that person keeps saying the same
sorts of offensive things year after year, despite many corrections and
pleas to stop, it moves from "good person made an inadvertent mistake" to
something else.  The first time it happens, it's ok to plead "I didn't mean
to offend."  The third or sixth or tenth time it happens, it's just willful
stupidity.  Yeah, maybe not outright malice, but at this point I don't think
there's much practical difference.

Many of us long-time subscribers have learned to just skip over or block
Reinhold's posts because while he does seem to be a generally good-natured
guy, he likes to toss out stinkbombs like this every once in a while and the
overall signal-to-noise ratio just isn't worth it.  Just don't read his
stuff and your PCT-L experience will be much more pleasant.

Eric