[pct-l] Why men are NOT happier hikers

Kristin Hamann aggie03.kh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 15:12:40 CDT 2013

TEN  REASON  WHY  MEN  ARE *NOT*  HAPPIER  CAMPERS.

1.   When we get pregnant and are constantly hungry and have to pee every
10 minutes, don't even THINK about touching that last piece of pizza!!
2.  If our legs are hairy, it's your problem more than it is ours.
3.   We don't need a jock strap, and we left the underwire at home.
4.   Our high percentage of body fat and more efficient metabolism reduces
our energy requirements.
5.   We don't need a pocket knife; we can use our nails as a weapon.
6.   We don't need to carry birth control pills or tampons; we can use the
Diva cup, and you stink, I don't want a mess in my sleeping bag, so don't
even THINK about getting any backcountry sex.
7.   We can pee without getting out of the tent on a rainy night (google
"Go-Go Girl").
8.   If we were to hike topless, people wouldn't be saying "eew."
9.   We don't worry about male pattern baldness (no offense, but seriously
men worry about their hair like women worry about their weight).
10.  Unlike men, all of whom THINK they inherently know how to build a
campfire, the few of us women who actually DO venture into the outdoors
actually DO know how to safely start one.
11.  The ratio of dudes to babes much favors the babes.

Cheers!