[pct-l] wildflowers after ADZPCTKO?

David Hough on pct-l pcnst2001 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 21 23:35:47 CDT 2013

After visiting at ADZPCTKO during the day Saturday, and lodging elsewhere
before and after, I'd like to see some desert wildflowers while hiking
along the PCT on Sunday.

>From past years I remember good wildflowers around the former Lucky 7 cache,
and also in the Tejon Ranch segment immediately south of Hwy 138.    However
I don't remember the time of year clearly, and anyway this has not been
a normal year, so things may be different.     If anybody can recommend
a good display in the past few days this year, that might be a good starting
point.      Otherwise my inclination is to start from Snow Creek Village
and head up toward Fuller Ridge until I run out of steam.     Certainly
lots of different life zones in a few miles, so maybe one of them is in
bloom.       This pretty much has to be a dayhike since I have to be back
at work in San Jose on Monday.