[pct-l] Dehydrating/Freeze dried

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Apr 17 15:04:09 CDT 2013

Good afternoon, Dennis,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeze_dry

I’ve inadvertently freeze dried some things in the home freezer when I
didn’t seal it well in a plastic bag.  The closest I’ve done on purpose is
to put my “dried” jerky in large Ziplocs and kept them in the freezer.  When
I open a bag to pack for the trail there is usually a bit of ice on the
plastic that has sublimated from residual moisture in the meat.

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/