[pct-l] Ultralight tents

Hollywood 100marathonsorg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 13:03:50 CDT 2013

I used a lightheart solo for my thru hike and loved it. It's a compromise between free standing/stake out with only 2 stakes required for structural stability. There are plenty of fly options including net-only which lets you see the stars without the bugs.  Condensation is minimal because its super well vented. Also I can be sitting in it 45 seconds after it was in the bag.  Nylon is great but if I were to get another tent, it would be the cuben model now that I have had a chance to see it in action. 2x the price though...

Don't underestimate the importance of quick setup. You don't get much evening relaxation time if you're trying to keep a thru hikers schedule and each minute you spend setting up is a minute less hanging out.

Hollywood