[pct-l] Getting into "Thru-hiker" shape in time for the KO

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon Apr 15 01:31:50 CDT 2013

[pct-l] How to get into "Thru-hiker" shape by KO

Hi gang,
Trying to get into "Thru-hiker" shape for the KO, but running out of time?
Before I sign off, I would like to share with you my "top secret" formula
on how to get into record breaking hiking shape in time for the KO.
It worked for me on my JMT record attempts.

OK gang.....here is what you do:......
Sit down on your favorite living room couch until you feel a strong,
distinct calorie urge.
Then, at a brisk pace, walk to the  "Frig", open the door, down one of
your favorite beers, close the "Frig" door, turn around, and then, again
at a brisk pace, walk back to the couch, sit down, and wait for the next
calorie urge.
Repeat the above, as often as necessary, until you are in  "Thru-hiker"
shape.

To get the maximum result from the above exercise it is suggested that
you do the above exercise with your pack, hiking boots and trekking poles
to simulate hiking conditions to the fullest.
Good luck on your journey and remember you learned this from JMT Reinhold.

JMT Reinhold
The  "Couch to Frig Yo-Yo"  record holder