[pct-l] Crossing Duck Pass at Mammoth Lakes in mid June

surferskir at aol.com surferskir at aol.com
Sun Apr 14 00:30:55 CDT 2013

--James--
I was up at Mammoth Mountain the week of  25 through 30 March.  I took a trip to the top and videoed Duck Lake Pass from the top of Mammoth Mountain (11,053 plus about 12 feet of snow still left on top).
I tried to e-mail it to the PCT-l list, but  at 27 seconds it was too lenghtly.  There is STILL a lot of snow at the higher elevations.  I could see the north face of Duck Lake Pass, and it and the lower elevations were still covered with snow.  I think the local packers are going out the week before Labor Day weekend to do trail asssement and some repairs if the snow level permits.
Contact me off pct-l and perhaps I can send the video to you directly if it does not exceed my capacity.

--Dennis--