[pct-l] Recent Injury...Can I still hike?

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 07:26:57 CDT 2013

Ask the doctor who saw and treated the injury.  Is it just a surface wound
of the skin and fat pads or did you lacerate any of the connective tissue?
 Cuts on the body with blood flow will heal in a week but hands and feet,
which don't have as much vascular tissue or muscle, heal slowly.  Still the
skin surface still gets enough blood flow to heal in probably 2 weeks if it
just went through the skin, fat pads and nothing serious?  Again, the
doctor will be able to give a good healing timeline.  The internal injuries
of the hands and feet are a lot worse, especially with connective tissue,
again, very little blood flow to facilitate healing.  They take forever to
heal!