[pct-l] General Delivery and Click-n-ship

Jennifer Zimmerman jenniferlzim at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 00:39:58 CDT 2013

Hello list!

Here's a potentially obvious question...we're two days out from heading
West and I just finished boxing our resupply shipments.  Can anyone confirm
exactly how to use USPS click-n-ship online for general delivery addresses?
 I found a pct-l post from Donna written in 2011 that said to put "general
delivery" in the company field and then to enter the full street address of
the post office in the address fields.  Is this the best way to do it?
 BTW, I'm aware that a few POs still give click-n-ship problems. We would
like to do it this way because it would make things easy as pie for our
resupply folks.

I've been paranoid about food drops ever since Rainier nearly lost one of
ours last summer.  Their awesome rangers bent over backwards to help us
find it and other folks hiking the trail offered us their extra food.
 Can't wait to get back to basking in the goodwill of the backpacking
culture!

Thanks for any info you can provide!
JZ