[pct-l] Nightly food storage

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 14:16:31 CDT 2013

Hey Badger,

Any time I'm not in bear country, I sleep with my food in my tent, deep in
my empty backpack.  I've had one mouse chew through the mosquito netting,
but that was an easy repair.  When I'm in obvious bear country, I use a
bear can where required or hang my food whenever there are trees from which
I can hang it.  A few times in grizz country this past summer I had nowhere
to hang it, and did my usual of stuffing it in several stuff sacks and then
in my backpack in the tent.  I was always cognizant of where my bear spray
was before conking out, but on those few nights, I made a real point of
having it easily at hand.

Shroomer