[pct-l] GPS

Stephen Clark rowriver at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 19:31:49 CDT 2013

Pretty amazing then that those of who hiked the trail before there were
hand held GPS units made it and are still alive.

We all rely way too much on technology.

It scares me, every year,  the numbers of first timers I see that have no
idea how to use a map and/or compass.

Wonder what would happen if a few of those satellites were disabled by a
meteor storm...? Would foot traffic on long distance hiking trails (PCT,
CDT, AT, ADT) come to a halt?

Snake Charmer

"The mountains are calling and I must go"   ~John Muir~