[pct-l] Water Report So. Ca Section C

Jeffers Linda gottago at lindajeffers.com
Sun Apr 7 22:05:07 CDT 2013

Just back from the section from the I-10 Freeway north to Onyx Summit, thought I'd share some water reports on our backpack 4/5/13:

1. Running creek water at Creekside camp but narrow flow (at places only 8 inches wide) and only 1-2 inch deep flow this early in season.

2. Approximately 3 miles up the switchbacks from Creekside camp (C4 235.4) the creek that crosses the trail before Forested flats junction (C4 238.6) was running and about 4-5 inches deep.

3. Did not check out the water off trail at Mission Spr Trail Camp but saw an H2o sign noting the direction to go to find water.

4. Ran into Edward Stanik of Nature's Inn in Big Bear City at the data book landmark called Junction, 1.1 miles before Dirt road just east of Highway 38 & Onyx Summit. Ed regularly caches water at the Junction, Onyx Summit and sometimes Arrastre Trail Camp at Deer Spring.

Gottago