[pct-l] Desert shirt

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 7 09:15:39 CDT 2013

Hello Andrea,

I love the design of my ExOfficio Insect Repellant shirt - for all of the reasons that Mango mentioned. I wore it for the entire six months that I spent riding the PCT. The ventilation design is great and very effective. The breast pockets are very large and are not flat like most other shirts - they hold more, they are designed to expand outward about one-half inch and include the inner zipper pocket the Mango mentioned. Also, of great importance, that shirt repels insects. I also brought the insect-repellant socks, pants and the cap with cape.

I am planning to ride the Colorado Trail this summer. The one thing that I will add is the Dr Shade gloves that Lee Staley recommended. The backs of your hands need protection from the sun.  sometimes had to turn my hands palm-up to protect the backs.

MendoRider-Hiker