[pct-l] looking for opinions on Platypus GravityWorks Filter System Bottle Kit - 2 Liter

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 15:09:40 CDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Gideon Scher <gideonscher at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone know of/have any comments about the Platypus GravityWorks Filter
> System Bottle Kit - 2 Liter?? (for a solo hiker)
>

> http://www.rei.com/product/849793/platypus-gravityworks-filter-system-bottle-kit-2-liter
>
> Thanks!
> Gideon

Looks like the same tech as the Sawyer products, but with different
reservoirs. The Sawyer filters are well regarded, but their accompanying
bags are not. I think when it comes time for me to buy a filter system, I
will start with Sawyer filter and bags, and if the bags fail me, I will
just use gatorade or other water bottles to carry water.

In the end, the cost is just about the same. If you like the Platypus bags,
their system might be just what you want, and you still have plenty of
flexibility in case the bags fail you.

Dan Jacobs
Washougal
--