[pct-l] WA snow

Teal Richards-Dimitrie teal02 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 6 10:17:30 CDT 2013

Last year we started our hike 5 July from the CA/OR border and completed the OR section.  We were among all the speedies, so mostly saw folks once and never again...  We were about 1.5ish days behind Tuna helper when he ended the speed attempt due to slowing snow.  This all goes to say that last year we found a general trend where snow was an issue at approximately 6,500 and above. We used a gps with half miles tracks and got through relatively smoothly.  Does anyone know if this trend was similar in WA last year?  We are gearing up to complete our last section, Washington, and are planning to start 9 July or so.  We are thinking S to N but would love folks who know the WA section well to chime in.  Thanks for your help!
Teal (Snake Lady) and Craig (Sahara)