[pct-l] Detaching

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 13:55:50 CDT 2013

Pay phones are QUICKLY disappearing, as are phones in motel rooms.  Pretty
much everyone has a cell phone now-a-dayz, and it's simply not economically
feasible for businesses to incur the expense of pay phones and motel room
phones.

Because of that, my advice would be to take your cell phone with you.  It's
your choice to keep it packed away (or not) while you are on the trail.
 Your personal preference could be to only use your cell phone while in
town.  To each his own.

In fact, due to the removal of pay phones and motel room phones, we no
longer list pay phones or motel room phones as town features in  the
Handbook.

Yogi
www.pcthandbook.com