[pct-l] Liners/sleep systems

MARY E DAVISON pastormaryd at msn.com
Tue Apr 2 17:13:39 CDT 2013

Different strokes for different folks. Some people sleep cold some sleep warn. I section hike and prefer spring and late summer/ fall as I hate hiking in heat. Problem is I sleep cold and it often is when I hike.

I use long johns and sleep socks and liner and 10 degree bag and need it all - sometimes my jacket too. And when really cold rain gear too. Plus neoair and thin foam pad. I just started using liner last year. It made all the difference for me for comfortable sleep.

I usually insert myself into liner first and then insert all of me in bag and zip up. The us side for me besides the warmth is that the liner moves with me as I turn and the bag stays more in one place so I don't as often end up with hood in my face as I did without liner.

I am sure every hiker has their own peculiarities with sleep systems and warmth and how to use them. Like most everything else, try it out and see what works for you.

Medicare Pastor

Sent from my iPhone